Summer Therapeutic Riding Camps
The Lethbridge Therapeutic Riding Association offers summer riding camps for individuals with disabilities.
LTRA is again conducting our regular summer therapeutic riding program in July & August. Each day you will get one hour of riding and learning about our equine friends and how to take care of them.
Dates & Times
- The camp includes six Mondays: July 8, 15, 22, 29, and August 12, 19
- With your choice of : 10 am - 11 am; 11 am - 12 pm; 1 pm - 2 pm; or 2 pm - 3 pm
- Therapeutic Riding Camp (six Mondays): $120
- 2019 LTRA Membership (required once per year): $30 for individuals, $65 for families
Camps are designed to facilitate riders of all abilities. Waiver and medical clearance (signed by a doctor) forms must be completed and submitted at least one week prior to the beginning of the camp.
- There is a weight restriction of 175 lbs (79 kg)
- An assistant, friend or family member over 16 years old must accompany the rider and participate in the day's activities
- Wear long pants
- We provide helmets and boots
- No sandals or cell phones
Registering for the camp requires three forms to be completed:
- Registration form - this can be done online or by downloading the information package
- Medical clearance must be signed by a doctor
- Waiver form
If you register online, please download the waiver and medical clearance forms, and have them completed and provided to us at least a week before the class starts.